Wednesday, July 30, 2014

End of an Era

 This is my very last belly shot ever!  It makes me really sad to think that I will never be pregnant again.  Of course I say that while I am writing this post 7 months after this picture.  When this picture was taken I could not have been happier to never be pregnant again.  I think my pregnancies got worse and worse each time and this one was the crowning one!  It started with me being sick.  So sick but I never threw up.  I was nauseated ALL day.  I would wake up in the middle of the night nauseated.  Nothing sounded good to eat but I would get so hungry.  The nausea wore off around 13 weeks.  I worked out every morning and that helped.  I was tired all the time.  My pelvis hurt so bad starting around 22 weeks.  It felt like his head was wedged in there so tight and every time he moved it would hurt so bad.  I couldn't sleep.  My arms and hands would go numb all night.  My hips and back ached so bad.  I started having painful fake contractions around 30 weeks that would come and go.
With all that going on, I was still in awe.  I was so excited that we were going to have this baby that we really didn't plan on.  We were never going to have 4 kids but we had the feeling that we had one more meant for us.  I admit it took awhile to get used to the fact that it was another boy.  I was so nervous because the odds of having four healthy kids were just out there for me.  I loved feeling his sweet little kicks and getting to hear his heart beat.  I fell in love with this boy before he was even born.  He seemed so calm in the womb.  He moved but it seemed sweet and he wasn't crazy active.  But it is over.  Things all come to and end.  It is weird and crazy that I will never go through that again.  I will never feel precious life inside me again.  But it is ok because I now get to learn all about another amazing spirit sent to our family!

No comments: