Saturday, August 18, 2012

Shark Attack Triathlon

 So the day finally came!!  I did my first triathlon at Sand Hollow when Dallin was just 9 months old.  Since then I found out they have kids races and have always wanted my boys to do them.  Well this year Dallin was old enough to participate!  I signed him up 4 months before and wanted to start kinda training with him.  Well he wanted to do the race but had no interest in training.  Every time we started he would go for a bit then be tired and want to stop.  So the day of the race came and my Dad and I did the adult race and had a blast!  We walked alot during the swim cuz you can touch and it is hard to really swim with the people in the pool and its was just easier!  Dad kicked my butt biking but he stayed by me.  I was giving it all I had to keep up with him and it was just a leisurly ride for him!  It was time for the run and we and we were worried we would not make it back for Dallin's race to start and since I am "Wunnin Wins"...I left Dad so I could get back in time to see Dallin start.  It ended up that by the time Dallin started Dad was done too.
This is waiting for his swim to start  Dallin's friend Oaklee came to cheer him on and decided to get wet too!
He got in the pool and did not stop!  He had to swim 100 meters!  I was worried that he wouldn't really participate well and would complain from what happened trying to train but once we were there he was a mad man!  He jumped out of this pool and ran full speed to his transition area to start his bike ride!  I was amazed!

Papa did the 3 mile bike ride with him and they rocked it!

Cooling off getting ready for the run!
I did the 1 mile run with Dallin and yes I was pretty teary eyed starting this run with my SON :)
 
Papa met us at the top of the hill to cross the finish line with us!

Go #5!  That's my BOY!!

3 generation racers!

We did it!!
Neeless to say I am so so so very proud that Dallin completed his race and had so much fun doing it.  I can't wait till I can get out there with all three of my sons and I am even going to get Trent out there I swear :)  Can't wait to do it again next year.  This was a way fun day!!

No comments: