Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yeah for FALL!

Well it is official....My favorite time is here. My mom laughes at me because I try to do so much during the holidays, but I just don't want them to go by and miss out on the fun stuff that comes with the seasons. So we started out going to Gardner's Village with Paige, Andrea, and Grandma Julie. We had lunch, checked out the witches and fed the ducks. It was so funny because these huge fish would come up and eat the bread too. The kids loved it.
Friday Trent went on the Elk hunt and he was so excited. He loves his hunts and this time of year. It makes him so happy. My parents, Brian and Ali, and me and the boys went and stayed overnight in Snowbird for Oktoberfest. It was so beautiful up there. The leaves were changing and we took the tram to the top of the mountain. Dallin loved the tram. Well our night did not turn out so great. We all went to bed just fine until 11:30 when Cade woke up screaming. I don't like him waking everone up so I took him out in the hall. He would not let me put him down and would only sleep if he was proped up on my chest. I found a couch in the hall and tried to sleep with him but that did not happen. We had 3am crawling lessons, Cade had an all you can eat buffett all night, and I got sick from freezing in the hall :) At about 3:30 Papa came out to relieve me so I could get some sleep. Thank goodness for an amazing dad who loves my boys and is always there to help. He stayed out there with him until 6. At 6 Dallin woke up crying for his Papa so I headed back out to the couch to watch the sun come up with Papa and my boys. The funny part was Brian came out about 6:30 because he could not sleep so we all just hung out in the hallway. What a fun time :)
Oh the crazy thing we will do for our kids just to make them happy. Cade ended up having an ear infection, Dallin had a cough, and I got the worst body aches and chills for the whole rest of the weekend. Trent wasn't due to come home until Sunday night but he got someone to get him home eary Sunday morning so he could take over for me and I could get some much needed sleep. I love that guy! Everyone is feeling much better now and we can't wait to do our next fun fall activity!!!!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I love fall too, everything about it. You have such a cute family. I am so sad I didn't get to come to lunch with the girls. Maybe in December when Jen is back again.

Brett and Andrea Robinson said...

I wish I could have stayed longer at Gardner Village! We'll have to go again soon...
It sounds like you had a fun (memorable) night at Snowbird; I'm glad your dad relieved you from "mommy duty" so that you could get some sleep! :)

Notme said...

figures! How nice that your dad could help! he is so good with the kids