Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cruise 2012

Trent and I were lucky enough to go on our cruise the first week of December.  We LEFT our KIDS!!  I know I know I couldn't believe we did it either.  Don't tell them BUT we had the time of our lives!  I really didn't think I would be able to relax and have fun but quickly found out that I could!  Brent and Julie gave all the adult kids this cruise for Christmas and we all went and loved it.

We started out with a quick dream day at Universal Studios to go to Harry Potter Land!  Ahhhh for a Potter nerd like me and Trent it was amazing!!  Yes I even cried when I walked in for the first time and saw the Hogwarts Express!

 Good thing my sunglasses were hiding my tears of JOY!
 The Village of Hogsmead
 Yep that is Butter Beer and it is AMAZING!
 Hogwarts Castle
 The Sorting Hat
 Quidditch Equipment
 Another view of the Castle
 The Weasley's Flying car
 Oh I had to let the Green Goblin get me for the boys :)

I have been reading Harry Potter to the boys and we are on the third book.  I am proud to say that they are turning into Potter nerds too and know so many details already.  They were pretty sad we came here with out them but I told them if we finish all the books then we could come back.....Yea for me!!

 This is the whole crew on our fancy dinner night.  We had some really fun dinners thanks to our "Super Charged Matride"  He was really annoying but pretty funny too!

 Half Moon Cay, Carnivals Private island
 This was one of the funnest most relaxing days...we layed on the beach, took walks and swam.
 We found that there were all these cool angel fish that liked snacks and would swarm around so we spent all day playing with these fish

 Stingrays
 View of Atlantis from our boat.  We were on our way for a snorkling adventure when an enormous rain storm came.  While snorkling we started hearing thunder and seeing lightning so we jumped back in the boat.  It poured and poured.  We were soaked and cold so we just went back to the ship and hung out.

 Freeport, Bahamas
We spent this day first doing some shopping then we took a taxi to a really nice beach where again we just layed around and relaxed.  We had such a great day but got really hungry so we headed back to the ship.  Just as we got to the ship Trent realized he had left his wallet in one of the taxi's!  We were panicked!  It had our ID and they won't let you back on the ship with out ID!  We found another taxi driver and they called yet another driver to come help us.  This nice older lady came and stayed with us making call after call to try to find our taxi driver and have him check to see if the wallet was still there.  She made sure he knew that there was to be nothing missing from the wallet and he needed to get back to the port right away to bring it back to us.....She later told us the driver was her son!  She was so kind to stay with us for about 1 1/2 hours waiting for the taxi driver to be able to get back to us.  We got the wallet and all was well.  It just showed us that people are good....we were worried they would just take off with our cash and credit cards and we would never get it back but not one thing was missing!!

We had the best trip and yes we missed our boys.  We fell in love all over again and were able to be just a husband and a wife before coming back to life and being Mommy and Daddy again. 

No comments: