Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hobbler Half Marathon

Paige and I got brave and decided to do the Hobbler Half Marathon! I started training for it in January. I have never ever been a runner, never liked it, and always thought the people that did were nuts! But I wanted to try something new. Well I now know how once you get started you get hooked :) I really love to run now. It is my therapy and some days it is what gets.me through the day.
The marathon started at the top of Hobble creek canyon and ended in town. It was so beautiful. It was really really long and hard. I was really feeling pretty good till mile 10 then I started slowing down, then hurting, then wanting to die but I made it! My time was 1 hour 57 min.
At the finish line they had bouncy houses and mini hot air balloon rides! I am so glad Paige did it too it was fun to train and accomplish it with her. It was so much fun and I will definatly do it again next year :)

2 comments:

paigernate said...

yay!!!! i am so glad you challenged me to it :) maybe i can keep up a little with you next time!!!! here's to next year......... {did i just really say that}

Johnson Family said...

That is so great!!! Mike ran the half last year. I don't imagine I will ever do it, but I think those that do are amazing!! Good job!