Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Disneyland Day 1 - December 1, 2011

We had decided to take the kids to Disneyland after we got settled in our new house. I really really wanted to suprise them. I have seen all the commercials, and cute videos of kids when they get suprised with a trip to Disney. They always make me teary eyed when the kids scream, jump up and down, or even cry. So naturally I decided that is what I want. I planned and planned for weeks on how and when to tell the boys. It was going to be AMAZING! They were going to scream and cry and be so happy their little minds would be blown.....The day came...2 weeks before we were to leave (I wanted them to be part of the planning and packing to get more excited)......I got them cute backpacks with Mickey on them and snacks in them for the plane.....I put them in red bags with black tissue paper....We went to Grandmas.....I had the video camera ready.....I told them they had been so good I was going to let them open an early Christmas present......the stage was set!......dun...dun...dun.......presents opened......I asked them where they could take those cute mickey back packs.........they say Disneyland?????......I scream YES!! We are going to DISNEYLAND!!!!........waaa waaa waaa......NO reaction!!!! "Cool Mom" with a little shoulder shrug.....Trent and Papa laughing so hard at the lack of reaction was the most excitement I got!


Oh well. During the next two weeks the excitement came. Everyday the anticipation got better and better. Cade was the funnest to watch. He would just get all giddy at random parts of the day and Dallin would ask and count down each day......They totally made up for it :)


Getting all checked in at the airport
Brooksters First plane ride!



Earphones ready!




Here we GO!


No comments: