Thursday, May 26, 2011

BROOKS is HERE!!!!

The day did come!!! I really was convinced the last two weeks of my pregnancy that it never would but May 9, 2011 finally came!!! We took the boys to mom and dads on Sunday night for their big "vacation" as Dallin called it. They were so excited to get to sleep there for 3 nights! Trent and I woke up early Monday morning of the 9th and were at the hospital at 7:30 am. We were SO excited to finally meet our little guy. Our nurse, Becky, was amazing. She had two little boys too and we had alot of other things in common so it was really nice to talk to her as she got me all hooked up to everything. It was super rainy outside and cold so it was a perfect day to stay inside and have a baby!


At about 9am they started my pitocin and the dreaded antibiotic.....I HATE that! I really thought I would love to cut my arm off and it would have felt better than having that drip in my arm for a half hour. I had to have two rounds of the antibiotic so that was not fun. I was dilated to a 3-4 most of the morning then around 11am the doc broke my water.

This is a fun pic of me having a contraction while trying to put on my makeup....which never did get put on!
Mom and Dad brought Dallin and Cade over after Dallin got out of school around 12:45...uncle Brian came too. This is Cade trying to stay entertained.



Daddy and Cade LOVE their pork rinds!!


"Big Bros" waiting to meet their Little Bro


Getting prepped....This is it here comes baby!

So I was dilated to a 4 and at 12 and then the nurse came in to check me again around 1:50pm....her eyes got huge and said you are complete! She called for someone to get Dr. Anders in right now cuz this boys was coming! I started laughing cuz I couldn't believe it had happened so fast and the nurse said no no no don't laugh he is right here and the doc isn't here yet. Dr Anders came in and wanted her gown and booties but then she looked and just threw on the gloves! I really had the giggles bad cuz I think I was in shock :) Trent was so dang excited but I could tell he was a bit nervous too.


I love this picture cuz you can see that Dr. Anders is trying to grab somethings as fast as she could so little Brooks didn't just fall out! She only had time to put on gloves and 1 1/2 pushes later..............

Brooks Porter Johnson

7 lbs 8 oz 19 1/2 inches

Born at 2:03 pm

"Daddy help me!"


This picture made me cry when I saw it cuz this is my first baby now look how big he is!


Cade is thrilled to be a big brother just like his big brother!


First family picture! I LOVE these boys SO MUCH!


Sneaking in some sleep with some snugglin!


By 3 precious boys!




He has the darkest hair of all my boys


So crazy how much they change....he is still all swollen in this pic


I saved Cade my banana from my breakfast tray and you would have thought it was Christmas


Heading home!



Brooks' billirubin was high so he had to be on this billi bed at home for a day and let me tell you that was so horrible! He hated sleeping just in his diaper and flat on that bed! We didn't sleep all night and it was so sad cuz he would cry and cry. He was supposed to be on it 20 out of 24 hours but I cheated cuz he was so sad :(



Snuggle bug!


Hi buddy!


Cade helping give Brooks his first bath at home


They love their baby!


Dallin loved to talk and play with him


Brooks is a perfect addition to our family and he just fits right in. Now 2 1/2 weeks old he has been sleeping through the night for the last week which makes me a very happy mamma! He is such a good baby and is so alert. Love you Brookster!!

No comments: